We believe in one God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in God the Father, Creator of all things visible and unseen (Genesis 1:1, Hebrews 11:3)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's one and only Son, Our Savior (John 1:14, 1 John 4:9, John 3:16)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, who indwells in every baptized Christian, who helps us in our weaknesses and empowers us to be fruitful Christians (John 16:5-15, Acts 1:7-8, Romans 8:26-27)
We believe in the Bible - God's Holy Word, His Scripture
- We believe God inspired the original writings of the Scriptures and were without error (Mark 12:36, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, 2 Timothy 3:14-16)
- We believe the Bible is the final authority for all matters concerning faith, truth, morality, and Christian living (Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 5:18, 24:35; Romans 15:4, Hebrews 4:12)
- We believe the Bible teaches that God is the Creator and Sustainer of human life, and that God created every person to be in His image. Life is sacred from conception to death. We believe that God creates each person as male and female and reflect this image of God in humankind (Genesis 2:23-25, Leviticus 18:1-20, Romans 1:18-31, 1 Timothy 1:8-11)
We believe in the Gospel of Jesus - the Good News of Salvation that Jesus brings
- Man was created by God and sinned against God. As a result, we are lost people and without hope apart from Jesus (Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23)
- Salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus (Matthew 26:28, Romans 5:8-11, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 Peter 1:18-19)
- Our response to God's grace is to make Jesus Lord and Savior. This happens when we put our faith in Christ, repenting of personal sin, confessing Jesus as Lord, being baptized by immersion for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:45-47, Acts 2:38, Romans 6:1-7, 2 Peter 3:9, Colossians 2:12, Galatians 3:27
God's Plan of Salvation
We are not saved by works (good things we do) but there are steps outlined in Scripture as we seek to enter into a saving relationship with Jesus.
1. Faith. John 3:16 tells us, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Repentance. Luke 13:3 instructs us, "Unless you repent, you shall perish."
3. Confession. We learn this from Romans 10:9, "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
4. Faithful living. The Bible is filled with instructions for Christians to live obedient lives for God. The Book of Romans, for example, is a great instruction manual for Christian theology and doctrine. Hebrews is a wonderful New Testament book about faith.
We encourage you to search the sacred Scriptures to find out how it applies to you.
5. Baptism. We practice what the New Testament church practiced - baptism by immersion for the forgiveness of sin. Mark 16:16 tells us, "If you believe and are baptized you will be saved." Likewise, Peter told a group of people in Acts 2:38, "Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."